Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

October 7, 2014

Check This Out...

A birding bud of mine from way out in the eastern end of the province directed my attention to this link about Owls being photographed and how they are the masters of camouflage. See link here.

Here is the image they used... and they gave me photo credit, linking my blog to the image.


It was a pretty cool start to my morning as I enjoyed my first cup of coffee.

The fact they credited everyone was great! Too many times I hear of someone learning others have borrowed their shared photos and have tried to pass them off as their own. So NOT cool. It takes a special kind of person to think it is totally okay to do something like this. Speaking for myself, and many of my friends out there, we take pride in our photos. For me, most contain a memory of an outing, and seeing the image can take me back to that moment. I may not remember the exact day, but can narrow it to a season and definitely the place. I may not have museum quality professional stuff, but I love most of my photos, and it's wonderful if others enjoy them too.

The images are mostly of Screech Owls which are one of my favorites to try and find. As you can see in the shots, it's not just about the birds, but their habitats, and how great they are at hiding themselves while often being right out in the open. Many times for me, it's the other birds that point me to these creatures even if I heard about the location from someone else. Chickadees are the watch dogs of the forest although I've had angry Jays, Robins, Woodpeckers, Nuthatches and Crows snitch on a hiding Owl.

I'm working on a couple blogs in my brain and was wondering when I would do my next piece? I have some outside work to do around here as the weather changes; so the idea of sitting down and keying out something big right now isn't looking too good. So this installment is a nice filler I suppose but really it did start my day off on a high! I hope whoever views this blog enjoyed the amazing images shared in that link.

Thanks for sharing this with me Chris!

See ya's soon!

No comments: