Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

Meadow Mueller 07/2003 - 04/2015

May 25, 2016

I'm Still Here!

So I've been wanting to blog but we've been so busy with home renovations that have gone on far too long. Throw in Spring migration and a week of vacation, a few trips to the hospital... now it's going on almost 1 month since I last blogged.

Life should start getting back to normal next week (I hope).

I enjoy every moment at home, especially in the backyard, it's a place where we can shut out much of the world. Here's a few images from the last few weeks from the yard or very near our home. I will be back soon with some tales for you to check out.

Our only Chipmunk (that we know of)

Our only Opossum.  A 2nd was found dead on the sidewalk about 6 weeks ago.

Pierre strutting his stuff!

White-crowned Sparrow visiting for a couple days.

Raccoon who lives down back of our yard.

Indigo Bunting near our house.

Scarlet Tanager passing through our 'hood.

Local Screech Owl sunning.

Momma House Sparrow feeding the kids.

Another Screech Owl in another park.  Do you see him?

Night visitor.

Loving our Baltimore Orioles back for the summer!

Poor Angie with a knee issue but keeping a smile on her face.

It doesn't keep her entirely down.

Me, a personal feeder for Pierre and his lady.

We appreciate having a backyard to enjoy and it's a blessing what we see in our neck of the woods.  There's a wild world all around us, embrace it!

See you soon.

Big thanks to Karen and Margie for the comments in the last couple blogs. :)

If you care for a little more reading, our latest blog for Bird Canada came out the other week.  Here is the link.

4 comments:

Angie in T.O. said...

I love our backyard and all the free entertainment and stress relief it provides. It's easy to spend hours out back.

Nancy near Brockville said...

I can't believe the variety of birds that you guys have in the Toronto area, especially owls. I have never seen an oriole or an indigo bunting before. Love that cute little possum visitor you have. I bet they appreciate any little treats to help them out as I'm sure they are very susceptible to our cold weather. I think Angie should consider making a bronze statue of you ... to serve both as a bird feeder and as a permanent memento to your beloved pigeon friends. :)

Karen said...

I'm loving the birds waking me up in the morning. It was raining lightly this AM and the robins were just going crazy.
My friend saw a scarlet tanager on the walking trails in Pembroke last week. It was a first for her!~ Living in town with all different kinds of attractions in her back garden, she has different birds than we do out here in bush country.
Momma Jamma (the hen turkey) is around, but no sign of the youngsters yet. She will invite them out of the treeline when they are about half grown. Then the crazy show will begin. Kids!

Sandra said...

I'm so glad to have stumbled upon your blog. We saw an opossum in our backyard earlier this week, and saw it again last night. I knew nothing about these creatures, so google has been my friend in discovering more about them. They seem like very sweet animals, and something about them seems very familiar; placid, slow-moving, funny looking creatures are my spirit animals :)

I am also in Toronto, and feel so fortunate to have a garden that wildlife can take refuge in. I look forward to seeing more of your blog posts!